The Practice complies with the Data Protection Act and Access to Medical Records legislation. Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To provide further medical treatment for you eg from District Nurses and Hospital Services
- To help you get other services eg from the Social Work Department. This requires your consent
- When we have a duty to others eg in Child Protection cases, or potential life threatening events.
- In rare circumstances, when the computer fails, and will not allow us access to your records, or if the Government’s new referral system “Choice Booking” fails, IT engineers from the clinical software company or the Primary Health Care Team (PCT) may remotely/directly access across our system. This will not be allowed without our consent and only when it is absolutely necessary. Any third party eg engineer, has to work within the confidentiality rulings of the Data Protection Act.
- Anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services eg for diabetic care.
If you do NOT wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way, please let us know using our online form.